Többféle továbbfejlesztése van ennek a vizualitásra épülő fejlesztői környezetnek.
- Stencyl: Slightly more advanced editing features
- Alice: Alice features 3D projects. This is much harder than 2D Scratch programming because you learn about 3D programming: occlusion, vectors, etc. are important topics.
- Android App Inventor: The Android App Inventor by Google allows Android app creating with a simple, Scratch-like interface. In fact, it was based on Scratch and coded by a team at MIT.
- Starlogo-TNG: Supports 3D models and terrain. Block-based, and meant for simulations and education purposes. Created by the MIT STEP group.
- Gamefroot: An online game creation software for creating side-scrolling games. It has a drag and drop block editor for advanced scripting.
- DesignBlocks: Online, based on Scratch, TurtleArt and Processing. Developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab.